Campaign, associations, foundations and non-governmental organizations to draw attention to social problems, to raise awareness of the society, to create public opinion on a subject, to oppose decisions taken without considering the benefit of society or to create the human and financial resources they need to stop wrong practices, for certain periods and generally to the society. It is an intense communication event organized for.
All possible communication means are used for all applications during the campaign. Throughout this entire event, the most important point on the road to successful campaign management is undoubtedly the transmission of clear messages about the goals and duration to the community. Communities ready to engage in campaign goals and exhaust their resources can quickly lose interest in situations where accurate and clear messages are not delivered. Practices that will prevent this can increase the campaign participation rates, as they will reinforce the belief of the community.
Qualities of a Successful Campaign
1. The goals in a successful campaign are realistic. It is built on the assumption that the targeted community is not interested in the message at all.
2. Since the message alone is not enough, all tools are used in a synchronized and complementary manner.
3. Those who plan a successful campaign should know that the target audience consists of different groups and that these groups have different lifestyles, beliefs, demographic and psychological characteristics, and must have information about all these issues.
Tracking Developments in Successful Campaign Management
When successful campaign management is aimed, you should not ignore the power of traditional media and bring the visuals of your campaign to the public in print and visual media. However, social media, which started to shake the throne of the traditional press, especially with the development of technology and almost every pocket, should not be ignored. According to data from the Internet in Turkey in 2020 when 62 million and 54 million active users of social media is considered, it should be underlined that it is a very valuable resource to publicize your campaign to a wider audience. You can choose to promote your campaign only through social media or only traditional media, but the promotion to be made in the right channel at the right time will also mean touching the right person at the right time. Moreover, social media ads are much cheaper than traditional press channels.
Determine Your Strategy
The most important step for successful campaign management is determining and applying the right strategies. When you determine the target audience of your campaign, you should set out from the general characteristics of the community to reveal the data that will attract the attention and help them adopt your goals. In order to manage a successful campaign, you have set your goal with a clear message, conveyed it to the community with traditional press and social media, and what you need to do is to start collecting the results by mobilizing the community with your strategies. If you cannot develop a strategy that will contribute to the mobilization of the community, individuals will appreciate you when they see your campaign, but will not support you in achieving your goal, either in manpower or financially.
Campaigns are one of the tools used to raise money or in-kind aid. Sharing sensitive issues such as the success of the campaign, the amount of funds collected and how the collected donations are spent in a transparent environment with donors will increase the confidence in new campaigns to be organized in the future. While collecting donations, the following points should be considered for successful campaign management:
1. To deal with individuals in the community who are or are likely to participate in your campaign as much as possible,
2. Finding a large number of volunteers to work in the execution of the campaign,
3. To take measures for those who trust and participate in your campaign to participate in the next campaigns and to make them a permanent donor,
4. Going to potential donors with clear messages, as we mentioned earlier in the article.